- Junior School
- Principal’s Message
- New Beginnings
- Campus and Facilities
- Admissions & Fees
- Extra Curricular
- Parent Zone
- Secondary School
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
- Parents' Association
- School Transportation
- Student Testimonies
- Whole School Evaluation & Subject Inspections
Notre Dame is a school where each individual child is nurtured and encouraged; a school that fosters independent thinking and cultivates an atmosphere of rigorous intellectual challenge, a school where children are taught to question, research and reflect with confidence. We have an experienced, dedicated staff of teachers who ensure the learning environment is both engaging and stimulating.
Our goal in the Montessori class is to develop the child's natural learning ability to its fullest extent under the expertise and guidance of highly qualified and experienced Montessori teachers.We are affiliated to and recognised by the Irish Montessori Education Board [I.M.E.B.] thus ensuring that the highest standards are met.
The Primary School Curriculum (1999) outlines the contents of children’s learning; the what and how of children’s learning for children’s first eight years in school, from K1 to Prep 6.
The curriculum aims to:
· Develop each child’s potential to the full
· Encourage a love of learning
· Help children develop skills they will use all their lives.
The curriculum is presented in seven areas, some of which are further subdivided into subjects. These are:
1. Language: Gaeilge and English
3. Social, Environmental and Scientific Education (SESE): History, Geography & Science
4. Arts education: Visual Arts, Music & Drama
5. Physical Education
6. Social, Personal & Health Education (SPHE)to include an RSE Programme for parents and pupils in fifth and sixth classes.
7. Religious Education
www.curriculumonline.ie provides more information. Please go to any of the seven curriculum areas to find more detailed information about subjects in the Primary curriculum.
Our curriculum is further enhanced, at no extra cost to parents/guardians, by our weekly specialist tuition in:
- Information Technology
- Speech and Drama
- Swimming Lessons - for classes Prep 1 to Prep 6.
Extra curricular activities are available to all students. Specialist teachers provide a range of fun activities for students to discover and develop their many talents.
Please see our extra curricular activities section for more details http://www.notredame.ie/content/activities-timetable