- Junior School
- Principal’s Message
- New Beginnings
- Campus and Facilities
- Admissions & Fees
- Extra Curricular
- Parent Zone
- Secondary School
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
- Parents' Association
- School Transportation
- Student Testimonies
- Whole School Evaluation & Subject Inspections
Guidance Counselling in Note Dame
Guidance Counselling aims to help students develop an awareness and acceptance of their talents and abilities; to explore possibilities and opportunities; to grow in independence and to take responsibility for themselves; to make informed choices about their lives and to follow through on those choices.
Counselling, which has as its objective the empowerment of students to make decisions, to address behavioural issues, and to develop coping strategies, is a key part of Notre Dame's Guidance Programme and is offered to students when required on an individual basis.
The objective of this guidance plan is to delineate curricular experiences in the areas of Personal/Social Guidance, Educational Guidance, and Career Development that will provide students with a range of learning experiences in a developmental sequence. Central to this objective is the development in learners of self-management skills that will lead to effective choices and decisions about their lives.
• Counselling (personal, career, and educational) of students.
• Assisting in the personal and social development of students.
• The administration and interpretation of psychological testing.
• The Management of all relevant College Choice/Career Information.
• Engaging in ongoing consultation with parents, staff and the wider community.
• Vocational Preparation (job search skills, work experience) of students.
• Referrals of students to external agencies (where appropriate).
• Facilitation of the transition of students both into & out of Second Level education.
• Ongoing evaluation of Notre Dame Guidance and Counselling needs and services.
Please find attached below a document containing useful for Guidance websites: